DAY CENTRES, INCLUSIVE PRIMARY SCHOOL, CURATIVE EDUCATION DAY CENTRE, EDUCATIONAL SCHOOL FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS, VOCATIONAL SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARDING HOUSE
Instruction & Education
Instruction & Education
Curative education and socio-pedagogic special services
In addition to the pedagogical and nursing specialists in our curative education day centre, employees of the curative education and socio-pedagogic special services are available to provide individual support, counselling, and assistance for our children and youths as well as their guardians.
Responsibilities of the curative education and socio-pedagogic special services
- Individual-focussed development of children and youths to help them attain self-determination, independence, action competence and personal development
- Participation in the interdisciplinary development planning for the individual child in close alignment with the staff within the group and in therapy
- Collaborative partnership with parents, in addition to the staff within the group, to ensure the holistic development of the child
- Advising parents regarding the management of their child’s disability and its impact as well as other support options (such as additional therapies, continuative facilities, assistive devices)
- Case-specific collaboration with other institutions (school, associations, hospitals, youth services and other public agencies, early-intervention facilities, physicians, therapists, etc.)
- Exchange with other therapists on a case-by-case basis
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING THE CURATIVE EDUCATION AND SOCIO-PEDAGOGIC SPECIAL SERVICES
Responsibilities of the psychological special services
Three experienced psychologists with different therapeutic specialities make up our psychological services team.
The foundation of our psychological work is a resource-oriented approach: With an attitude formed by acceptance, empathy, impartiality, and esteem, the focus is always on the social integration and activation of support opportunities for those who seek guidance. Through counselling and therapy, the framework is set up to familiarise children, youths, and adults with their entire potential for action, helping them activate personal and social resources and reach their individual solutions and goals independently.
The psychological services staff
- offer diagnostic, counselling, and therapy services for parents and children
- advise staff on how to manage psychological abnormalities in children and youths and provide expert explanatory models
- hold regular psychological team consultations that enable the participants to reflect on their actions, to (re-)discover personal resources, to mitigate stress appropriately, and to maintain the joy of work
- support the teams in formulating common development goals for the children and youths
- organise internal continuing education courses for the Stiftung ICP München staff